Wednesday, September 11, 2013

How I spent my summer: recently completed works and other news

It doesn't quite feel like it outside today, but summer is more or less over.  And boy, was it was a busy one!  I've completed several paintings over the past few months as well as putting together a show at the offices of Thoughtworks, in Manhattan. (Did you see the pics of the show? Check them out here.)

I was also interviewed by Stephanie Guasp of ArtInLimbo.com, the resulting article, "Lifeworlds and the Square", is well worth a read!  Stephanie and I had a nice conversation about my work, the use of the square in fine art and sundry other arty things.

Speaking of Lifeworlds, I've completed several more:
Lifeworld 15

Lifeworld 13

Lifeworld 14

I've also been working on some mountain inspired landscapes:

Paysage Planétaire (Brenta 3)
I've been adding the new works to my website, and been making some navigational improvements there as well. Please check it out and let me know what you think!

The folks over at Artsicle have also had a busy summer, rolling out "Artsicle Open." I've added several more works to my Artsicle collection and plan to add several more very soon.  Check out my collection here.

What's up next?  I'm now in the midst of preparations for this year's Gowanus Open Studios, October 19-20.  Check out the official website for more details.  And, Artsicle is also the official provider of Gowanus Artist profiles for the Tour -- the see the Collection of Gowanus Open Studios Artists here!

Whew!  That was a lot!  If you've read this far, then thank you very much!  I hope to see you around the art world soon!




No comments: