Sunday, June 16, 2013

Studio dispatches: latest behind the scenes news

I've been busily preparing for the upcoming Thoughtworks Exhibition (and the studio has become woefully cramped with all the prep work going on), but am continuing to work on new pieces.  This past week, I finished another mountain landscape, which I am tentatively titling Paysage plan├ętaire (Brenta 2).  A preliminary photo of the painting, still wet on the easel is below:
20130611_005
(Brenta 1 is pictured here.)  These paintings are inspired by my recent trip to Italy, and also by the stupendous mountain landscapes of Swiss artist Ferdinand Hodler (1853-1918).  The "Brenta" in question is a range in the Dolomite Alps -- the Grupo di Brenta in Trentino.  While completing Brenta 2, a process that took 2-3 hours, I also experimented with Vine: the Twitter owned video app that makes creating stop-motion video a snap (almost).  Here is my nearly first attempt at Vine;  Rather shaky, but very interesting.  A lot of possibilities here, don't you think?



I'm also continuing with my "Lifeworlds" series (more on the ideas behind that sometime soon).  Here are a few 'in progress' shots to contemplate:
20130611_006 20130611_007 As always, visit my website for more information about the art!

1 comment:

Col Mitchell said...

Enjoying your works; strong and compelling. That vine video is kinda cool. Good luck with the show!