Sunday, October 21, 2012

Gowanus Studio Tours was a big success

Ok, so I've been crazy busy since last week's Gowanus Open Studios event.  I've been wanting to do a little post-event post, but haven't had the time.  Well, better late than never!  I'm happy to report that the weekend was a big success.  Although I didn't count visitors to my studio in past years, subjectively, at least, I feel that turnout for the tour was significantly higher this year.  (Just for the record, this year I counted approximately 300 visitors to my space on Saturday, and 225 on Sunday, give or take 10 people).  No doubt this is a result of the hard work put in by the GOS volunteers, including the wonderful folks at my studio, Brooklyn Art Space.  It might also have something to do with all the hype the Gowanus has been getting recently.  Hey, whatever works!

Here's a photo of my setup on the days of the tour:

20121013_021

A friend of mine, the DJ Buddy Beaverhausen, visited me during the tour and posted this entertaining piece shortly thereafter.

A big thanks goes out to everyone who came out to see original work in Brooklyn!

So, the tour is over, but the fun never stops.  I have a few important events coming up:

Opening this weekend, Saturday, October 27 and running through December 9 is a show titled "The Grand Harvest" at the Williamsburg Art and Historical Society in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.  Don't miss it!  I have several pieces in the show. More info about this coming soon.

Trestle Gallery will hold it's Winter Art Sale, a benefit for Brooklyn Art Space, on Friday, November 30.  I will have a piece in this show/sale. (pictured below).  Don't miss this art to obtain affordable art and support the arts in Brooklyn!
Res botanica #8 (Iridaceae)
Hopefully after all of this commotion is over I can settle down to making more art!

No comments: