Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Gowanus Studio Tour is this weekend!

Things are going into high gear here in my corner of Brooklyn, as we get ready for the Annual Gowanus Studio Tours, October 15-16. I'm busy trying to get my inventory in order. There's lots of new work, big and small to check out!

One of the projects I've been working on over the past year is a series of smaller paintings featuring botanical themes. These "Res botanica" (botanical objects) will be on display and for sale at this year's tour.
A20110222
This is Res botanica #6 (Asteraceae), completed in 2011.

Orange Orchids (after Hokusai) A20110208-2
Res botanica #5(Orchidaceae - after Hokusai), 2011. This piece was inspired by a woodcut by the 19th century Japanese master Hokusai.

This last piece is very much in keeping with the fall season:
Res botanica #4 (Asteraceae)
Res botanica #4 (Asteraceae), 2010.

By the way, I'm pleased to announce that for the first time, I will be able to take credit cards, thanks to Square! Pretty nifty! I hope to see you at the tour this weekend!

No comments: