Monday, June 29, 2009

Twitter : 140 [a/k/a, the twitterartshow]

I've just completed my submission to the Twitter : 140 art show.

twittertree

The title of the piece is twittertree, hopefully for obvious reasons. Media: acrylic and graphite on canvas. The size, appropriately enough, is exactly 140 square inches (14" tall by 10" wide). Oh, and I forgot: there's also some black sharpie in there.

My artist's statement for the piece (which is exactly 140 characters, including spaces, in length) reads as follows:
In this work, connections emerge from the truncate chaos of twitterspace, not unlike the acorn's power to create unity from its environment.
I don't want to say too much more about the piece, but rather let the viewer tease out the references and connections.

Read more about the Twitter : 140 project here: http://twitterartshow.blogspot.com/

No comments: