Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Art News

Although it doesn't quite feel like it yet, Spring is just around the corner! And in my corner of the artistic universe there is lots going on. In this post, I'll be covering 5 exciting items:

1. New website design!

2. See my paintings at the Flying Saucer!

3. Upcoming: come join the Ganesh Experiment!

4. What comes after Sputnik? Art of course!

5. Adventures in Second Life!

~~~~~~~

1. Website 2.0 is now live! If you haven't visited my gallery website in a while, please stop by and check out the new look and improved image gallery. With the help of Gallery 2.0, I'm able to more easily update images, while providing a better viewer experience.

2. Up now: works on paper at the Flying Saucer in Brooklyn, New York! I have 9 lovely works on paper up at this intimate and charming cafe, located at 494 Atlantic Avenue between Third Avenue and Nevins Street. If you missed the show at the Tea Lounge last month, this is a must see.

3. Be a part of the Ganesh Experiment on April 4! I will be a participating artist in this art happening at Brooklyn Artists Gym in the Gowanus section of Brooklyn. Tickets are $10 at the door and there will be a cash bar. Read more about the Ganesh Experiment here. I hope to see everyone there! It will be a blast!

4. Announcing the AfterSputnik Art Project: "A three-day celebration of debt relief and enlightenment, The AfterSputnik Art Project has invited artists from around the country to create and display pieces speaking directly to their own indebtedness and the large fiscal burden the student loan industry has created in the United States."

Having intimate personal experience with student loan debt, I have created a thoughtful piece for the event, which runs from Friday April 10 through Sunday April 12. Friday night's opening gala is $20 at the door; Saturday's Speakeasy event is $15, or you can get a weekend pass for $30. Proceeds benefit a new organization that seeks to address the burdens of excessive student loan debt. The art is also for sale! For more details, and to buy tickets, please see the AfterSputnik website. I hope to see you there!

5. Are you in Second Life? Finally, I'm pleased to announce that I am constructing an artistic presence in the virtual world, Second Life. If you are in-world, visit my gallery at: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Cicero/163/74/172 or contact my avatar-agent Zizonus Serapis, who will be happy to show you around!

Whew! I think that about covers it for now. Have a wonderful Spring!

No comments: